“Failed to jailbreak (error code: c0000005)“, this error message will appear if you’re running Spirit jailbreak on Windows 7 or Windows Vista. To fix this problem, right click on Spirit.exe, choose Properties. Click Compatibility tab, click the checkbox “Run this program in compatibility mode for:“, and choose “Windows 98 / Windows Me“, then click OK.
Now, you can re-run Spirit.exe and jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 firmware/ 3.1.2 firmware. It should be running smoothly now.
Incoming search terms: ireb failed to initialize
What is Spirit Jailbreak?
The Spirit jailbreak is an iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad untethered jailbreak tool created by comex and chpwn. It will jailbreak 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 firmware for all devices. Sprit jailbreak is easy to use jailbreak software, and it will quickly jailbreak your iPhone, or iPod touch, or iPad by using 1-single click.
*Original description of Spirit jailbreak*
* Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on certain firmware versions.
* Spirit is not a carrier unlock.
* If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)
o (If you mistakenly ran Spirit despite using a tethered jailbreak, try these instructions.)
* Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
* An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
* Any version of iTunes 9 earlier than 9.2
* Syncing with iTunes before trying this is highly recommended.
You need an activated device. If your iPhone stuck on “Connect to iTunes” and/or “Emergency Call” screen, you cannot use spirit jailbreak. You may use redsn0w to jailbreak 3.1.3 firmware instead.
[click to continue…]