It hasn’t been long since the release of iOS 5.1.1 but there is already a jailbreak for that particular version of the iOS. Pod2g has confirmed that his untethered jailbreak now works for the iOS 5.1.1 and this will be made possible on a few devices, particularly the iPhone 4S, iPad 2 and iPad. In addition to that, he also mentioned that it would work with any devices that have support for the iOS 5.1.1.
However, there are problems with the Apple TV 3, iPhone 3G and 3GS and thus it will not be working for these aforementioned devices. As of date, he has not been testing his upcoming jailbreak software with the Apple TV 2 and iPod Touch 4G although chances are is that it might work with these two devices.
The untethered jailbreak is still not released although it was hinted that it will be released at the Hack in the Box Security Conference (HITBSecConf) which will be held in Amsterdam from 21 May to 25 May. Should this happen, it will definitely please a lot of people especially those that have been looking forward for a new jailbreak for the latest version of the iOS.
Follow and subscribe!
If you found this post useful, please share it via Google +1, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Untethered jailbreak for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad before the iPhone 4S
- Absinthe A5 fulfils iPhone 4S, iPad 2 users’ dreams, untethered support for iOS 5.0.1 users
- Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 Untethered using Redsn0w and PwnageTool soon
- How-to Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 Untethered using GreenPois0n RC5
- What is Untethered Jailbreak