How-to Jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 using redsn0w 0.9.6 rc15
This is an instruction to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 firmware on using redsn0w for Windows. The instruction to jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 firmware on using redsn0w for Mac is available here.
DO NOT update to iOS 4.3.3 if you need to unlock your because ultrasn0w cannot unlock baseband 04.10.01, baseband 03.10.01, and baseband 02.10.04 yet (or update with preserve baseband).
Follow this guide as exactly shown and use it at your own risk.
- Download redsn0w 0.9.6 rc15 for Windows (redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc15.zip)
if you are using Mac, download redsn0w 0.9.6rc15 for mac instead (the steps are basically the same)
- Download iOS 4.3.3 IPSW file for your device from download-ios.com
- Put those files together in a same folder.
- You must have iOS 4.3.3 firmware version on your iPhone. If you haven’t done so, update to iOS 4.3.3 using SHIFT + RESTORE method
- Extract redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc15.zip and you will have a new folder named redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc15
- Double-click redsn0w.exe inside redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc15 to Run redsn0w
- Welcome to redsn0w 0.9.6rc15. Click Browse
- Choose the iPhone firmware which you have downloaded from download-ios.com
- Please wait while redsn0w processing firmware
- If you are jailbreaking iPhone 3GS:
- You will be asked Is this newer model of the iPhone 3GS?
Check the iPhone production week of your iPhone 3GS. If the production week is < 40, click No. If the production week is > 40, click Yes.
- If you are jailbreaking iPhone 3GS, you will see more jailbreak options on redsn0w
- If your iPhone 3GS is older model (old bootrom), you will see these options: Install Cydia, Install custom bundle, Install iPad baseband, Verbose boot, Custom boot logo, Custom recovery logo, Deactivate, Just boot tethered right now, Just enter pwned DFU mode right now.
- If your iPhone 3GS is newer model (new bootrom), you will only see these options: Install Cydia, Install custom bundle, Install iPad baseband, Deactivate, Just boot tethered right now, Just enter pwned DFU mode right now.
- Hold down the Power (corner) button for 3 seconds
- Without releasing the Power button, also hold down the home (bottom center)
button for 10 seconds
- Without releasing the Home button, release the Power button
BUT KEEP holding the Home button for 15 seconds
Done. You finished jailbreak iOS 4.3.3 using redsn0w 0.9.6 rc15 for Windows.
Follow and subscribe!
If you found this post useful, please share it via Google +1, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 Untethered using Redsn0w and PwnageTool soon
- Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.1 using redsn0w 0.9.6 RC9 for Windows
- Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4.3.1 using redsn0w 0.9.6 RC9 for Windows
- Jailbreak iPhone 4 iOS 4.3.1 using redsn0w 0.9.6 RC9 for Mac
- Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 Firmware using redsn0w 0.9.4