What is Spirit Jailbreak?
The Spirit jailbreak is an iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad untethered jailbreak tool created by comex and chpwn. It will jailbreak 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 firmware for all devices. Sprit jailbreak is easy to use jailbreak software, and it will quickly jailbreak your iPhone, or iPod touch, or iPad by using 1-single click.
*Original description of Spirit jailbreak*
* Spirit is an untethered jailbreak for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch on certain firmware versions.
* Spirit is not a carrier unlock.
* If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS. (You can, however, restore to 3.1.2 if you have SHSH blobs for that version.)
o (If you mistakenly ran Spirit despite using a tethered jailbreak, try these instructions.)
* Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
* An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
* Any version of iTunes 9 earlier than 9.2
* Syncing with iTunes before trying this is highly recommended.
You need an activated device. If your iPhone stuck on “Connect to iTunes” and/or “Emergency Call” screen, you cannot use spirit jailbreak. You may use redsn0w to jailbreak 3.1.3 firmware instead.
This tutorial will guide you how to jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 firmware by using spirit jailbreak.
- You need official iPhone 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 firmware installed on your iPhone. If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit. Download official iPhone firmware
- Download Spirit Jailbreak (Windows/Mac OS/Linux versions are available)
- Run Spirit.exe, connect your iPhone to computer, click Jailbreak.
- Please wait while spirit jailbreaking your iPhone.
- When it says: “Jailbreak succeeded!” your iPhone will be restarted automatically.
- Now your iPhone has been fully jailbroken and you will see Cydia application on your iPhone.
If you’re using Windows 7 or Windows Vista, and you’re getting “Failed to jailbreak (error code: c0000005)” message, please set Spirit.exe to Windows 98 / Windows Me compatibility mode.
Now, if you need it to be unlocked, please read this guide: “Unlock iPhone 3.1.3 Firmware 05.12.01 Baseband“
Follow and subscribe!
If you found this post useful, please share it via Google +1, Twitter, or Facebook.