If you did activate iPhone without official SIM card, or Jailbreak iPhone 4 using JailbreakMe, or unlock iPhone 4 by using ultrasn0w (I’m not sure which one is causing this problem), then you might have similar problem.
When you are trying to change/swap SIM card on jailbroken iPhone, it will show these screens:
Different SIM Detected. Please connect to iTunes.
Although it says Emergency screen, it has been fully unlocked and I can still receive any phone call with this iPhone. This screen will go away if I remove my “unofficial” sim card from iPhone. But, that is the main problem that I’m going to use “unofficial” sim card on my iPhone, and I can’t use any non-official sim card, if the iPhone always says Different SIM detected whenever I swap my sim card.
So, here is a simple solution how-to fix “Different SIM detected. Please connect to iTunes” on jailbroken iPhone.
Note: This solution will work on
- iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4
- iPhone firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, iOS4, or iOS 4.0.1
1. Add repository to cydia: http://cydia.pushfix.info
2. Once done, you will see a new repository source called Pushfix.info. Tap Pushfix.info to see available packages in this repository.
3. Now you see all available packages in Pushfix.info repository. You will need to install Hacktivation Patch in order to fix “different sim detected”.
4. Tap on “Hacktivation Patch (lock… )” to see the package details and begin the installation process. Tap Install to install this package on iPhone.
Here is the package’s description:
Requires 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0, or 4.0.1
Compatible with iPhone 3G / 3GS / 4
This package allows you to swap SIMs
after activation with a phonebook
SIM. You won’t get the SIM change
Hacktivation will patch a system
file on your phone, preventing
future activation even if you
change your SIM.
Credit to the Dev Team for the patch
Used without permission though I
Hope they don’t mind.
I packaged up the tiny lockdownd
patches from PwnageTool and made
5. Tap Confirm to start installing this package on iPhone and let the process running. Once finished, you will be prompted to Return to Cydia. Tap Return to Cydia to finish the installation.
Now, you should be able to swap SIMs on iPhone without getting error “Different SIM detected. Please connect to iTunes”. Try to reboot the iPhone if it doesn’t work.
If the problem still persist, please leave comment.
Follow and subscribe!
If you found this post useful, please share it via Google +1, Twitter, or Facebook.