Changes to the Apple App Store aren’t done frequently but recently, the company has updated its App Store to view two new things. These are the Free Apps of the Week as well as the Editor’s Choice. Although the first one can be considered to be new to the app marketplace scene, the latter has already been made available on the Google Play for quite some time already.
Both of these are selection of applications that are available on the App Store. Each are handpicked by the team at the App Store. As for Free Apps of the Week, Apple had introduced Cut the Rope: Experiments while for the Editor’s Choice, Facebook Camera, Extreme Skater, Sketchbook Ink and a few other excellent applications. As mentioned before, this is a move done by a lot of app stores already, including the Amazon’s Appstore for Android and thus it is nothing new here.
One of the things we are looking forward however, is the integration between the Apple App Store and an app search engine service that Apple has recently bought called Chomp. Any integrations have yet to be seen and hopefully, there will be something big going on.
Follow and subscribe!
If you found this post useful, please share it via Google +1, Twitter, or Facebook.
- Discovr Apps helps you discover new applications from App Store
- Users not wanting free bumpers can collect $15 from Apple
- Apple filtering and removing rip-off apps from App Store
- Siri unable to give directions to abortion centers: pro-choice advocates demand changes
- $10,000 for the 25 billionth app downloader from Apple App Store