Everything is going 3D today because even though the feature was available for quite some time already, the advancement of the technology makes it a favourite amongst many. We have got 3D cameras, movies and other gadgets. It is maybe this that has made Apple feel intrigued with the tech and we got word that Apple is planning to equip its future devices with 3D capability.
Although this is based on speculation, it definitely came from a good source. This is because in the Apple’s career website, the company is looking for people that can “strengthen its multi-view stereo research group”. Based on the requirements, it certainly looks like Apple is finding someone that have the interest for 3D imaging. In addition to that, there have also been patents that have covered other 3D aspects such as interface, camera and a few others. In fact, we have covered one 3D camera patent that Apple has filed upon.
This speculation only gets stronger because last year, Apple had acquired C3 Technologies which specialise in 3D mapping amongst other things. Should Apple manage to outmatch its competitors, it would definitely boost the company’s image and products further. Nevertheless, it is something to look forward to.
Follow and subscribe!
If you found this post useful, please share it via Google +1, Twitter, or Facebook.
- OmniVision’s New 5-MP 1080p Camera Sensor Opens Door to Thinner Devices
- Apple brings new charges for Samsung in the process of copying their devices
- Apple to have facial recognition feature in future iOS devices
- Apple to remove all 3G iOS devices from online store in Germany
- Possibilities of multiple devices in Apple iPad launch